Hormel Legacy Tour (sample)
Add additional Incredible Austin experiences to your trip.
• Sterling Shopping Center was one of the original strip malls in Minnesota.A truly unique experience with a distinctive blend of “just-what–you’re looking-for” shops, gifts and more (allow about 1 hour)
• Austin Artworks Center hands on project. Let your creative side come alive and have an incredible masterpiece to take home. (no experience necessary) (allow about 1 hours)
• Mower County Historical Society: Artifacts and historical items in 16 buildings include vintage firefighting equipment, horse-drawn carriages, a steam locomotive, caboose, one room school house, a Civil War flag and more. Special WWII exhibit now on display. (allow about 2 hours)
• Ethanol Plant: Learn about the process of taking bushels of corn and producing gallons of ethanol as well as all the other usable bi-products, such as animal feed, corn oil, and beverage grade carbon dioxide.
• Cookie Bake at the Hormel Historic Home. With a little flour on your nose and excitement in your toes you can prepare, bake and take home some yummy cookies. (allow about 1 hour)
• Four Daughters Vineyard: Savor the beautiful views of the vineyards while sipping a glass of on-site produced sparkling and estate varietal wines side by side. The focus is on education for both new tasters and wine connoisseurs alike (call 507-437-4563 for details) Located in Spring Valley, MN
• SuperFresh Bakery, Garden Center and Produce: The perfect place to grab snacks before heading out of town. It is best known for Minnesota Largest Daily Donut as well as products from local producers.
Wind Farm Tour: The Austin area is well known for being a major player in the Wind Industry. There are multiple wind farms in the area with over 1,500 wind turbines total. Visit a farm and learn why wind power is currently the fastest-growing source of electricity production in the world. (call 507-437-4563 for details)
If you want to request information, a bid or send an RFP for an event please use the contact page
We offer the following FREE Services:
Nancy Schnable, Executive Director Justin Jones, Tourism Staff